Through the parish’s Jail Ministry and her clergy and volunteers, we seek to bring a message of hope and the unconditional love of God to the inmates of the Manassas Jail, sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the ministry of presence, celebration of liturgies, reception of sacraments, study of Faith and Holy Scripture. Our ministry provides opportunities of witnessing to the Faith and evangelization to the unbaptized and those that seek union with the Catholic Church.
Our ministry provides the following services:
- Weekend Communion services led by Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- Religious materials for inmates including bibles (English and Spanish), rosaries, catechisms, weekly copies of The Arlington Catholic Herald
- Weekday evening religious education classes and R.C.I.A. Program
- Limited support to former inmates upon release
- Individual pastoral visits by priests (Sacrament of Reconciliation and counseling)
We currently have over 30 volunteers serving in the ministry. If you have any questions, please contact Deacon Jim Van de Voorde, Ministry Coordinator, at 703-368-4500. All services are coordinated through the Chaplain of the Jail.
- U.S. Bishops’ Letter on Criminal Justice (November 2000)
- VA Catholic Conference
- Diocese of Arlington Catholic Charities – Prison Ministry
- Dismas Catholic Jail Ministry